X-Cart Classic 4.x

Do you have an idea or a feature request? Suggest it! Or vote for the idea if it is already suggested by other users.

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. multiple egoods files

Currently eGoods module allows only 1 attachment per product, it will be more flexible to allow several egoods per product

25 votes
    Sign in Sign in with X-Cart shopping cart
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  5 comments  ·  products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Product Options

I have over 2500 products on my website and I'm getting very tired of having to create the same product options over and over for new products or close and existing product...

Can you please develop a product option section in the back end that will allow administrators to add a particular product option to any product / sub category or category.

Allow us to make numerous Product option templates that can be assigned easily to any product...

This would save so much time and promote sanity for your customers who have to keep repetitively entering the same product options…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Call for Price functionality for X-Cart Classic 4.x

This is available to X-Cart 5 - But would be nice for XC Classic 4.x

A simple call for pricing for an item instead of having to show price for an product will be useful. I've had any clients after this form of functionality.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Use manufacturer name in front of the product name. Here is an example [Manufacturer] + [Product] = Vango Compressor 3

I would like also to use manufacturer name in front of the product name. Here is an example [Manufacturer] + [Product] = Vango Compressor 3. I can set product name including Manufacturer name, but this will create many issues and less flexibility.

From
    https://bt.x-cart.com/view.php?id=38086

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Default Shipping Method Option for a Product

Assign a specific Shipping Method for a product.

Add an option in the Product info., that you can assign a default Shipping Method(s) So if it's FREE Shipping, Fedex Ground, Will Call or Freight. Maybe you can just add the shipping directly to the product price. i.e. Item p/n 123456 is $400, with the default shipping it's now $450. Then if someone orders something else, that other product uses the normal options and it adds shipping only for that product.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Refine the "Shop By Brand" module to make it show the product filters on brand pages

Refine the "Shop By Brand" module to make it show the product filters on brand pages

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 4.7.6 Costs are only for the main variant. We need to have different costs for different variants.

If you sell several options for products such as sizes. Sometimes each different size of color may cost us (the vendor) different prices.

Since the gross margin is ONLY based on the ONE cost that you enter for the MAIN product on the details page, the gross margins will be wrong.

If you sell many XXXL items in your store, and they cost you more, the gross margin will not adjust based on this differences.

it is a nice addition to add the gross margin feature, but it needs more abilities for it to show correct numbers.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Selectable Shipping methods for Products.

It would be nice if you could select the allowable shipping methods for specific part numbers. i.e. if a certain product can only go by fedex or only by free shipping.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Sort by manufacturer in a category

I would like to sort by manufacturer in a category. This feature is abandoned from many years, but carts like zen-cart has it. It is very useful to sort by manufacturer.

From
    https://bt.x-cart.com/view.php?id=38086

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bulk Prices Modification

I need to increase all my prices from selected suppliers by a percentage amount. I used to do this with Store manager but it is no longer a supported product.

The alternative is to export products to Excel, update them and import them. This is very time consuming

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Tooltips for product options

The ability to define tooltips for product options would be very helpful.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add multi-language support for extra fields values for products

I know I can import multilingual Extra Fields, but I cannot seem to be able to add multilingual values.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. barcodes for orders (POS)

barcodes for orders (POS)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. To set shipping address zones in one line with input fields and make the documentation how to use this feature.

To set shipping address zones in one line with input fields and make the documentation how to use this feature.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. One product with different options/variants appear as different products

Sometimes it would be more obvious to see many products with different options or variants.
    But at the same time one product with variants is more comfortable to manage than many different products.

For example, near on the options/variants managing page there could be the checkbox "Display as different products."

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Discontinued product status

You currently only have a Available for sale, hidden or unavailable status for a product.

I recommend a fourth status is added called discontinued. It will work similar to hidden, but will continue to show the product without buy button options.

Instead the related products module can be used to recommed alternatives.

This is essential to keep back link juice as well as not confuse the customer when 301 redirecting to a different product.

Additionally the page should be indexable but after 1 year it should change to NOINDEX. This way you keep backlink flow without bloating your site with…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Day & Night prices

Is it possible to create a module for X-cart to switch between "Day & Night" (lower and higher) prices for the entire store in one press of a button? Also switch prices for parts of store or for certain groups of merchandise. Example: set lower and higher prices and switch between them any time you want in one click. Leave certain merchandise at one level prices while switching prices for the rest of the store.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. quick search box to select manufacturer in admin on product add/edit page

There is a existing facility to select category of the product quickly in admin by searching in quick search box.
    Same facility should be available to select manufacturer also.
    This will save lots of time to select manufacturer from entire list.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Adapt Product Variants Module from X-Cart 5

Please adapt the X-cart 5 Product Variant Module to suit Xcart 4.
    This way we can choose whether we automatically populate all possible variants based on options or create our own variants. This would save us from having to create exceptions for the hundreds of variants automatically generated when you have more than 3 product options.

I also suggest a delete option so we can delete variants that have been automatically generated but aren't relative to us. This means a cleaner user experience both on the front and back end of the website.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. new products

Regular customers always looking for new products first. X-cart's new products shows limited new products. There is should be option in admin to define number new products with date criteria. For example products added in last 3 month shroud be considered as new products.
    Also this function should be available for category new products also.
    For example is customer is browsing any category then he must able to see all new products available in that category.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

X-Cart Classic 4.x

Feedback and Knowledge Base