X-Cart Classic 4.x

Do you have an idea or a feature request? Suggest it! Or vote for the idea if it is already suggested by other users.

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make all variables available on all pages

Things like Extra fields, Options, Manufacturers, etc should be able to be called on category, product, cart, and order pages without any hacks to PHP. Zend_registry similar logic would take care of that problem right away.

8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with X-Cart shopping cart
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  code improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. aking bulk import images intuitive & SEO friendly

The problems now in v4.4:

1) I need to import twice for a record: one for product information and one for image details

Please make the importing once to get things done.

2) D, P, T are confusing for beginner. They don't what the folders are about for storing the different type of pictures.

Please minimize the struction of folders and our knowledge required to understand what I need to do in behind in order to make things work.

3) minimize action need

I need to click the Generate button to generate thumbnail each time. Why I need to do…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  code improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a system dashboard for basic setup of layout such as colors, column widths, text fonts

With other systems such as BV Commerce or Storefront, admin panel allowed you to control some basic store look and feel and layout. Style sheets are very difficult to use. Break them up into indivisual style sheets for areas or parts of the store. Widgetize things like wordpress.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  code improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add additional options for coupon codes

Give the option to give a % off multiple categories, or to exclude particular categories.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. MySQL Master-Slave + InnoDB

How about adding master-slave and InnoDB support for busy stores.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  code improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. relayout admin product modify to minimise scrolling/clicking needed for repeat actions

For example, replacing product images (ignoring csv for many issues), I have to scroll down to get to the change image button, then scroll right to the bottom for the save button.

Simple solutions - put an extra submit button in each area so you don't have to scroll to get it it each time.

move the change/delete image buttons to above images

...etc.

Pick a simple change to make to multiple products (that cannot be done in bulk such as images) and try doing it 20 times in a row...

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Remove 'ORDER BY RAND()' from all SQL queries

Queries like
    SELECT ... FROM ... ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT N;
    aimed to select N random records is not efficient, as it makes the query result uncacheable.
    It also produces extra load on the serve when selected records are results of table JOINs

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. easy add of additional fields into tables and use of those fields.

create user defined fields and quick easy access to them instead of having to go into php code and add them into sql selects and other places.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. notes to customers in the invoice

I would like to see a notes area that we can write notes to the customer. Then when we notify customer of changes they can also see the notes we left them.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. API

To be able to add/retrieve/update/remove products/categories/orders/...
    All functions to maintain the shop to be accessible via an API, so that it can communicate with POS systems and visa versa.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Revision of the link: "Click here to register as an affiliate"

The link: "Click here to register as an affiliate" only works for the English Language. After creating a second language, the script always links to English.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Send to multiple email addresses in customer account

We keep being asked to 'also send to our accounts dept'. Whilst this is possible it is rather long winded, The customer wants a copy in an email and they also want to be able to send it to their accounts dept. This happens most frequently when handling manual orders, we get a lot from our account customers, they still phone an order through.

Whilst it is possible it is long winded: print to a PDF and then send a copy via std email. It all takes time.

It would be great if there could be a method of automatically…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. extra field items in invoice

Many sellers require to know extra fields value of items while shipping the order.
    Lets say my extra value name is "Supplier". So when I will process the order I will have to go to product page & need to find the supplier name.
    But it would be better if there is an option that which extra fields you want on invoice page also. This way one will not required go to product page to find extra fields value.

Also there should be facility to get hidden extra fields values also in invoice. This will be very much useful for…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Abandoned Cart Reminder improvement

The Abandoned cart reminder module provides a great insight into customer activity. Currently its only orders where customers have not clicked the place order button (to take them to the payment page) I feel it could be improved by including 'Failed' and 'Not Finished' orders also, so these customers could receive the automated email asking if there was a problem.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Currently you are lacking the ability for a X cart user (admin) to create a coupon with either 0% discount or $0 amount discount. You are i

Currently you are lacking the ability for a X cart user (admin) to create a coupon with either 0% discount or $0 amount discount. You are imposing business use restrictions on your users where there are no technical reasons for this. You currently allow a user to create a coupon with 100% discount. this is the same logic as allowing a user to create a coupon with 0% discount.

By the way, when a customer (X cart admin) tries to create a coupon with 0% discount the error message presented is
    Minimum value is 0.001
    however try creating a coupon…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Special Offers - Give Bonus Points - "Do Not Add" not always overriding product

WHAT STEPS WILL REPRODUCE THE PROBLEM?

1. Product in cart automatically gets 1 bonus point (set on product details page)
    2. New Special Offer
    3. Only Condition is Membership
    4. One of the Bonuses is Give Bonus Points

WHAT IS THE EXPECTED RESULT?

The goal of the special offer is to give a discount for a membership but do not award the bonus points that would normally be given for the product.

WHAT HAPPENS INSTEAD?

Bonus points are still given.

WA is here
    https://bt.x-cart.com/view.php?id=43038

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Can we have responsive refine tool ?

As current tool is not responsive for iOS tabs. Can we have support for that?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Provide X-Cart Related Instructions for Customising CKEitor

CKEditor is a useful editor for editing inline code.

I need to be able to select images from my development PC insert into X-Cart, use customisable styles etc.

I can see that all these things are possible but I do not have time to learn yet another application to work out how to implement them. It would be helpful if a guide was produced as a quick start to customising CKEditor.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Inventory update's history

History for when we update product's inventory qty, either through product management or Tools - Update Inventory.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

X-Cart Classic 4.x

Feedback and Knowledge Base