I suggest you ...

Shop By Brand (UPDATE IDEA) - option to show Brands in a drop down list

Shop by Brands module needs an option to :
a) show the brands in a drop down list
or
b) Show "x-many" in a scrolling list.

I have over 50 brands and this takes up the entire left hand column when showing them all

7 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dino Rentos shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dino Rentos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also Just a note:

If you have Mod Rewite on and name your Brand the same as a category
    when you click on the category it will instead goto the brand page

• Dino Rentos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes we may have 50 or more brands. We call these "themes"
    they all have to be available to the customer.

We can limit the amount shown, all must be available for selection
    So either a scrolling box for them to select or even a drop down box that will show them all
    this way the footprint is small in the left column but all of the "Brands" will be available

See my XC V4 site at DINORENTOSSTUDIOS.com you will see the first iem in the left menu as a "SELECT BY THEME" with a drop down box

ALSO:
    The values are from the class attribute values. Can you add an admin checkbox that places these in SORT alpha Order.
    The attribute values cannot be sorted manually or automatically. so all 50 of the brands end up in the order that they were entered into the class a attributes section.

Its really difficult to find the brand you want if not in a ALPHA sort order

• AdminSlava Petrov (Admin, X-Cart shopping cart) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Dino!

Please could you clarify your idea a bit?

Currently you can limit the number of brands shown in the sidebar so that "show more" link will appear if there are other brands. Does this setting not work in your store? Or do you want all your brands be always visible on all your website pages?

Also, what is "x-many" and what scrolling list do you mean?

Thanks!
    Slava

Feedback and Knowledge Base