X-Cart Classic 4.x

Do you have an idea or a feature request? Suggest it! Or vote for the idea if it is already suggested by other users.

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Set Free Shipping levels (dollar range) by CUSTOMER TYPE-XCART 5

For instance, retail customers free shipping at $50, wholesalers at $300. The most basic shopping carts have this feature. XCART 5

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  storefront  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ability to define order for product variants

right now order for product variants generates randomly

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Phone Business hours module

Everyone knows you can show your phone number in x-cart in the header. There are several fields to fill in in the admin area. I'm looking for a module to show your business phone number under opening hours and when closed it shows a custom message. You can fill in your business hours per day, like open from 9:00 till 17:00, phone number is showing and a custom text can say, "We're here, give us a call". When closed after the business hours, the phone number dissapears and the custome text "Sorry, we're closed, call us tomorrow" apears. Or "Give…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Always display discount coupon and gift certificate entry fields together

Customers sometimes try to use "Discount coupon" field for applying Gift Certificate. So, it should be worked around.

Suggested solution: always display "Discount coupon" and "Gift certificate" fields side by side, so that users could clearly see they're different.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. block traffic

Block country specific traffic

Use either freegeoip or maxmind API to block users from countries where you do not ship or sell merchandise.

China, Nigeria,... are know for being one of the worst traffic and where most of the malicious bots and robots come from.

Is it very common to have a store down due to excessive requests from these countries, while they bring no users at all.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hreflang Support

Add support for the tags rel=”alternate” hreflang=”x” when using multiple languages. I know this is available in XC 5... Would be useful in 4.x Classic too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Product thumbnail quotes lowest wholesale price

Currently the 'thumbnai'l price is the highest possible price per product. It would be advantageous to present the lowest per item price based on the bulk pricing bands that are set in the 'wholesale prices' set for a product.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Have user fields that can be filled on the register page

Too big register form is annoying.

There is the table in admin area that allows to adjust user fields: admin/configuration.php?option=User_Profiles . There are two columns with checkboxes for every field: Active and Requiered. I propose to add third column with checkbox for every page named 'Register'. This option will allow to fill customers only checked fields when they register. And later when they buy something or edit their profiles, all fields should be field.
    For example, we want let customers to fill only their email and password on register. But in the same time when they buy, we need many…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Show US or CAN beside the prices...

My customers are confused that I operate in Canada but list products in USD....but think its Canadian funds.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It is very important to writing from right to left

It is very important to writing from right to left

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Drop down bread crumbs for Xcart 4.7 just like you have for Xcart 5

Just copy the Xcart5 bread crumbs that have drop downs for each stage of the category and sub-categories bread crumbs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Verifone mx880 Credit Card Machine intergration for POS

The VeriFone MX880 CC machine (like the ones at Wal-Mart) are feature rich and ready for media support of a properly built interface. None of the CC processors that have low fees support the Xcart interfaces AND a proper counter top cc machine. Can't really talk about hassle free True integration until my brick and mortar customers can pay as easily as my online customers. Seems to me that a CC interface to the computer that passes the swipe or Chip Check. DEBIT is a must to keep fees down.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Update minicart when multi tabbing in browser

When you have a bunch of tabs open and add products to your cart in one tab it should update the minicarts in the other tabs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Craig's List marketplace functionality

At Craig's List, you search and browse products that you actually don't put in a shopping cart; instead you get to contact the seller via email or voice.

I have a client that would need just that; the customers, in his case, need to ask questions to make sure the product they are about to buy actually will meet their demands.

I suggest something similar to the Add to Cart popup, but simply with a web form that allows the user to fill in email, phone and a message - nothing more. The shop owner should receive a message together…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

X-Cart Classic 4.x

Feedback and Knowledge Base