X-Cart 5.x

Do you have an idea or a feature request? Suggest it! Or vote for the idea if it is already suggested by other users.

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Define wholesale discounts as a percentage

An option to define the "save X%" value and have the system calculate actual price for the item

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  pricing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Clone QuickBooks integration from v4 version to v5

XC4 has the simple integration to export orders to QB 2002, 2003. Adapt this addon to x-cart v5, as alternative solution for the existing integrations by 3d party vendors.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  accounting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sell products by cases and/or single units

I have some products for which I have created variants for multi-quantity purchases. For example, I might sell my widgets individually, by a pack of six or a case of 24. Customers get a discount for buying a pack and a larger discount for buying a case. I have set this up as variants as single widget, pack of 6, and case of 24 with appropriate pricing.

I did not use wholesale price functionality for additional quantities of a product because I want the discount only to apply to full packs or cases. For example, if someone orders 10, they…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  inventory  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. USPS Priority Mail Regional Rate Boxes

I recently met with a USPS representative and he said that there were new shipping rates (boxes) available. They're named Regional Rates and they're less expensive than the other flat rate boxes.

Here's a link to the Regional Flat Rate box:
    http://www.usps.com/shipping/regionalratebox.htm

The representative said that it was a new offering as of February 2011.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  shipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Customer Reviews

The 4.X branch of "Advanced Customer Reviews" had "Advantages" and "Disadvantages" fields, this 5.x version does not. Please add them back.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  promotion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. USPS Web Tools: print return labels

USPS Web Tools API include "Electronic Merchandise Return" tool that lets customers print return labels directly from the website. All a customer has to do is affix the label and mail the return. See http://www.usps.com/webtools/shipping.htm

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  returns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  promotion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. UPS Ready: integrate Pickup API

A Pickup API is now available for small package shipping. The Pickup API allows you or your customers to request a pickup for shipments. Benefits of the Pickup API include the ability to:
    - Receive pickup services in both residential and commercial locations for greater shipping flexibility
    - Multiple options to pay for pickup services
    - Rate and schedule same-day and future on-call pickups, check pickup status or cancel a previously scheduled pickup

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add an ability to use FedEx with several accounts (for ground and freight)

The FedEx shipping module seems to have an option for 2nd and 3rd day freight but there are a couple problems.
    Fedex usually doesn't use the same accounts for ground and freight and freight usually has a minimum weight (instead of a maximum package weight) and also freight has to add 50 lbs for the weight of the pallet.

Is it possible to get the fedex freight section split into its own module going forward and have a minimum weight and pallet weight option?

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bitcoin

I want a module where customers can simply pay in bitcoins, and stores can receive bitcoins.
    Compared to before, credit card screening with regards to overseas payments has become stricter, and I think that the ratio of customers who cannot purchase is increasing.
    In addition, even if the payment currency is different, the result is that exchange fees will become cheaper, and payment fees are also very cheap.
    There is also the publicity benefit that stores are trying something new.

By all means, please implement this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  payment methods  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Text Snippets

It would be great if X-Cart could get text snippets for repetitive text, e.g. warranty boiler-plate, links to bundles etc via tags like {{Warranty}} or {{Bundles}}. We have significant text that repeats from product to product, and we copy/paste A LOT. If the text changes, then we have to edit countless products.

It can be hacked now using CSS and content:after tags, but it's not pretty, and it isn't searchable.

By having {{Snippets}}, or even the ability to insert a language string (so that {{Snippets}} exists in multiple languages), it's possible to also have e.g. a different warranty for people…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add a Text Line item to an order - X-Cart 5

Add an ability to add a text line to an order. In our current e-commerce, we often add text lines to the bottom of our orders. These new text lines are not associated with any specific products.
    We simply place text comments as part of the order such as : "NET TERMS", or "USE CLIENT'S FEDEX ACCT # 123456", or "MANAGER DISCOUNT", etc ...

Inside the "Order Details" screen, we would like to add a new button next to the "Add Product" button, called "Add Text Line".

When pressing the "Add Text Line" button, the user will be able to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Prompt with warning when the Close Storefront slider is clicked!

Prompt with a warning when the slider that closes the storefront is clicked, "Do you really want to close your storefront?"

(She meant to click "View storefront"! Really!)

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Free shipping in "add product area" modified

In the shipping settings we are able to modify shipping settings to allow free shipping at X dollars per region and we currently use it to allow free shipping in our region for orders over x dollars.
    Would like to see the free shipping in the add product area for single items also be able to select region. So if we were adding an item we could select certain ones to also be free shipping in the region we select.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Integrate with Bongo International for v5.2

Please integrate with Bongo International for X-Cart v 5.2.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. MYOB integration

Mind your own business(MYOB) it's an accounting software. Get it integrated with LiteCommerce

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  accounting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. X Cart needs a function to calculate total merchant's cost of inventory.

X Cart needs a function to calculate total merchant's cost of inventory. This is a basic function on every other Point of Sales system I have ever seen and is essential for tax purposes. Every merchant must know the total value of inventory, yet it is a very time consuming and tedious manual job to figure out with current X Cart software. I am very surprised that it is not included in all X Cart software.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. mobilize the back-end

it would be cool if an administrator can do their store management tasks using iphone/ipad or android device via web-based control panel..

this can be implemented with Jquery Mobile framework (jquerymobile.com)

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Order Status Dashboard

I really miss an overview of which orders are in which statuses. Currently, the only way to know how many orders are waiting for review, or waiting for payment, is to go in a do a deliberate search for it, which is a lot of mouse-clicking for something you need to do a LOT.

The main screen really needs an overview with "Orders Waiting For Review: 4", "Orders Waiting For Payment: 7" etc, that is *CLICKABLE* so that you go directly to that list of orders.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base