Suppliers features - X-Cart 5 Pro
The basic necessary features specific to Pro are:
For sellers (back end):
-Every seller can manage his/her separate inventory, customers' wish lists and order history, set up their own tax rates, discounts and coupons.
- sellers pay commission to admin on sales.
- sellers sign up with an account which can also work as a customers account.
front end sellers:
- sellers have own public page with only their stock listed, as well as a banner/heading and profile description (similar to x cart mall add on).
- sellers public store page has its own unique url (www.mall.com/sellersname)
- shipping costs per seller are displayed as part of the final total in the shopping cart and on check out.
- customers can search for sellers (like brands/manufacturers) like they would other categories or products.
- the administrator/store owner manages general store operation, configuration and perform maintenance. Collects commission on sales.
- makes the site attactive, and works on cross links with blogs, other websites to generate SEO.
- maintains a linked blog.
Patti Ahrens commented
Are you describing here in XC5 Pro the multi vendor functionality as in XC4 Platinum? Is this available currently for upgrades from XC4
Colin Ford commented
I agree with Richard's comment: I would like the facility for several sellers to offer the same basic product, but with their own pricing, freight etc. perhaps displayed as a drop-list of the available vendors.
This would avoid multiple occurrences of the same product but allow easy price comparison for customers.
Richard Coogan commented
I would like a new improvement on this feature, wherby there is an option for multiple suppliers to share the same product page if they have the same product. like amazon.com