Suppliers features - X-Cart 5 Pro
The basic necessary features specific to Pro are:
For sellers (back end):
-Every seller can manage his/her separate inventory, customers' wish lists and order history, set up their own tax rates, discounts and coupons.
- sellers pay commission to admin on sales.
- sellers sign up with an account which can also work as a customers account.
front end sellers:
- sellers have own public page with only their stock listed, as well as a banner/heading and profile description (similar to x cart mall add on).
- sellers public store page has its own unique url (www.mall.com/sellersname)
- shipping costs per seller are displayed as part of the final total in the shopping cart and on check out.
- customers can search for sellers (like brands/manufacturers) like they would other categories or products.
- the administrator/store owner manages general store operation, configuration and perform maintenance. Collects commission on sales.
- makes the site attactive, and works on cross links with blogs, other websites to generate SEO.
- maintains a linked blog.
The first version of Multivendor for X-Cart 5 is released.
Now we are planning several improvements for this feature.
Dwaipayan XTech Team commented
1)Admin can add new order status and for the corresponding order status there should be a configurations options where admin can select where to send email template and what will be the languages for email.Admin can create template for provider,customer and admin and there should be a settings option
2)There should be an option to set commissions on both provider level manufacturer level even in product and category level so that at the end of the month provider commissions should be easy to calculate and should be available as a report.
3)In provider model there should be an options to provide access of store category from the set of listed provider.Suppose we can assign 4 categories for A provider and other 4 categories for B provider.A Provider can see only their assigned category and B provider can see only their assigned category.
Patti Ahrens commented
Are you describing here in XC5 Pro the multi vendor functionality as in XC4 Platinum? Is this available currently for upgrades from XC4
Colin Ford commented
I agree with Richard's comment: I would like the facility for several sellers to offer the same basic product, but with their own pricing, freight etc. perhaps displayed as a drop-list of the available vendors.
This would avoid multiple occurrences of the same product but allow easy price comparison for customers.
Richard Coogan commented
I would like a new improvement on this feature, wherby there is an option for multiple suppliers to share the same product page if they have the same product. like amazon.com