I suggest you ...

Pick wholesale prices for total Qty of the same Product ID

There should be an option to apply wholesale prices to each cart position considering the total Qty of all positions, belonging to the same Product ID.

Example: user buys 10 t-shirts of the same model, but of different sizes/colors.

It might be needed be great to sell this T-Shirt at "Qty>=10" price, but In the cart, each combination of Color/Size results into a separate cart/order position, and each of them has Qty<10.

Important: it should be optional behavior. I.e., the admin/provider should be able to choose if s/he needs to apply wholesale prices on Product ID or on each-options-combination level.

10 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Vladimir Mityukov shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Hajime Yamanaka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's good specification when "Same product ID (sku)". Shop side can disable this feature if set different sku in variants table.

• Vladimir Mityukov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When the cart contains items, based on the same Product ID, but different option combinations, make Price of each item be calculated for the total Qty across all those position.

Example:
    1. Product ABC; Color: Red; Qty=1
    2. Product ABC; Color: Green; Qty=2
    2. Product ABC; Color: Blue; Qty=3

If the product has lower (wholesale) price for, let say, 5 items -- take this price for each of above positions, instead of "qty=1" price.

• ADDISON commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here is the situation: I have a product with variants (color, size) but I would like to give a discount if buy more than one piece, no matter what combination is bought (if you buy Bimini Color/Small size and Storm Blue/Large size you get not 17.99 * 2, just 16.00 * 2).

Let go in Admin to set up the quantity discount:

1) Choose Binary Mom, go to Product Variants sections

2) As I can see in here I have to choose the variants I would like to apply the discount. In my case for all of them

3) At little bit bellow in "Modify wholesale prices for selected variants" I add a discount. For (2+, 16, All)

4) Click Update Wholesale price

In this moment for every variant is set up a 2+ discount. If I buy 1 Bimini and 1 Storm Blue I do not get the discount. How this can be achieved in this case?

This is a very important feature in a website. I recommend to develop it having two ways to Enable/Disable it:

1) In General Setting - a check box with label text "Disregard product options when calculating quantity discounts". If checked this will apply to the whole store.

2) In product management page, wholesale page, having a check box for "Disregard product options when calculating quantity discounts". In this way you could offer special discount only for that product. In case in General Setting this feature is off, you can control every product inside the store.

I've made a thread also in Forum for this request:

http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=64822

• Doug Lynch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BCS has a free mod for this but it should be included in xcart since the versions aren't up to date.

Feedback and Knowledge Base